Terms and Conditions of DEDT Website Use:
The KwaZulu-Natal Department of Economic Development & Tourism is responsible for the promotion of economic development to ensure socio-economic transformation in the province. In this process, it is expected to liaise with various social partners that include other government agencies, organised business, labour and civil society whilst also collaborating with other international developmental organisations that share the Department’s developmental vision. To ensure constant communication with its various partners and stakeholders the Department uses a wide range of communication channels that include conventional and modern media instruments that include the internet and social networks. This is therefore the official website of the Department of Economic Development & Tourism and its use is subject to the following terms and conditions, which any user is expected to accept:
1. The information, including graphic and photographic representations, logos and trademarks, provided on this website is proprietary to Department of Economic Development & Tourism and it is therefore subject to international and national copyright protection. No part of the information may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without prior written permission from the Head of the Department of Economic Development & Tourism who is the organisation’s Chief Information Officer. Enquiries in this regard can be lodged with the Department of Economic Development & Tourism through the Office of the Head of Department.
2. The information on this website is provided for information purposes only without warranty of any sort, express or implied. Those views and opinions published on this website do not necessarily represent the official policies or position of the Department of Economic Development & Tourism.
3. The Department of Economic Development & Tourism represented herein by the Head of Department and the Member of the Executive Council responsible for the Department do not necessarily share or agree with all the views and opinions published on this website.
4. You confirm that you fully indemnify and hold the Department of Economic Development & Tourism and all of the other parties represented on this website wholly harmless from any claim arising from your use of this website or the information provided thereon. Any person that delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to this website or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this website may be prosecuted and civil damages may be claimed in the event that the Department suffers any damage or loss.
5. The Department of Economic Development & Tourism shall not be liable for any incorrect or misleading information or misrepresentation contained on this website or any other website or page to which a link or deep link is available from this website.
6. This website and any web site links from this web site are used entirely at your own risk. Neither the Department nor any of its employees or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this website or the services or content provided through this website. The Department makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that the content and the technology available from this website are free from errors or omissions or that the service will be uninterrupted and error free. Users are encouraged to report any possible malfunctions and errors to the Department.
7. No link or deep link to this website is allowed without the express written permission of the Head of the Department of Economic Development & Tourism.
8. The Department does not endorse the contents of any website with any links to this website.
9. You expressly undertake not to use this website or any other website or page linked to it or the information provided on it for any illegal or wrongful purpose or outcome or to transmit or transfer any undesirable material or information of any nature or in any form to or from this website.
10. Any software product provided by means of this web site or any of the websites linked to it is provided strictly subject to the license agreements and terms and conditions between the Department of Economic Development & Tourism and the holder of the proprietary rights in such software, and you undertake to respect the rights of the proprietary rights holder concerned.
11. The Department of Economic Development & Tourism reserves the right to edit, amend or disable any link on its website without any public notification when it deems it fit to exercise such a right.
12. This site is hosted, controlled and operated from the Republic of South Africa and therefore South African law shall govern the use of this site and/or any agreement flowing there from.
13. Any dispute in respect of the use of this website or any agreement flowing there from, or relating to the inability to use this website, will be referred for adjudication to any competent court in South Africa.
14. The Department of Economic Development & Tourism may, in its sole discretion, change these disclaimers and terms and conditions or any part thereof at any time without prior notice.