SECTOR STRATEGIES & BUSINESS REGULATION
This programme provides customised support services to prioritised sectors of the economy. It does this in order to enhance their contribution to Gross Domestic Product (GDP), grow their international competitiveness and meet government’s policy priorities. In this regard, priority is given to job creation, business retention and expansion, skills development and transformation of the mainstream economy. In addition, The Business Regulation Programme ensures an equitable and socially responsible business environment.
- Champion spatial economic development initiatives (SEZs)
- Forge strategic partnerships for development of provincial economy (leverage resources)
- Develop and maintain an efficient regulatory and governance framework for sustained economic development
- Facilitate creation of new markets
- Enhance sector and industrial development through Trade, Investment and Exports (Transport and logistics, ICT, Manufacturing, Green economy, agri-business, Tourism, Creative Industries, Maritime, Aerotropolis, Aviation)
- Develop the knowledge base to enhance the knowledge economy
- Development of ICT infrastructure
- Investigate and develop viable alternative energy generation options.
Management Contact Details
Ms Fikiswa Pupuma
Chief Director: Trade & Sector Development
Tel: +27 33-2642543
Cell: +27 82 7888330