The Corporate Services sub-programme comprises five units, namely: !!!!
- Human Resources Management (HRM).
- Information Technology (IT).
- Legal Services.
- Auxiliary Services. These units provide support services to the whole Department. Accordingly, the strategic objective of the sub-programme is to provide effective and efficient support services to the whole Department regarding Human Resources (HR), Legal Services, IT And Auxiliary Services.
The Corporate Services Programme is focused on ensuring the Department delivers on economic development imperatives of the province of KZN. This programme provides strategic direction, manages and drives strategy implementation, creates an enabling environment through deployment of human resources, business management processes, systems and support services. In addition, governance and compliance are key outputs of this programme.
• Establish organisational capacity and capability to enable delivery of mandate.
• Promote a high performance and value-based culture.
• Retain specialist expertise to deliver on core functions of the Department.
• Embed effective corporate governance, risk management, and internal control frameworks.
• Deploy robust business processes and systems for efficient and effective delivery of strategy.
• Reposition the department to improve publicity, visibility, impact and persuasion.
• Strengthen oversight capability on entities to achieve synergies.
• Strengthen monitoring and evaluation capabilities for measuring impact of economic development strategies within the Department and across its entities.
• Influence policy direction for economic development and infrastructure development.